OUR LADY OF THE ASSUMPTION
NEW FAMILY ADMISSIONS BULLETIN 2020-21
Welcome to Our Lady of the Assumption Catholic School where we take responsibility for learning and Christ-like behavior to continue the mission of the Church. It is our hope that your family experiences an environment rich in faith, academics, and service. Below you will find information
regarding the process for admissions for students new to our school.
● The admission and registration of new students for the upcoming school year is facilitated through our student management system, Sycamore. Prior to attending OLA, all new students must go through an admissions process. Once your registration application has been received, the application will be reviewed by the admissions committee and you will be notified of your acceptance.
ADMISSION OF NEW STUDENTS
Step #1: Inquiry
Families interested in applying to our school should submit an inquiry form. This can be done through our website at the following link: Enrollment Inquiry Link. This inquiry begins the application process. Once we receive your inquiry, a school official will be in contact with you.
Upon completion of this process, a link will be provided where you can submit your child’s application.
Step #2: Application
Families interested in applying to the school will need to complete an application. The school will provide you a link to our student data-base (Sycamore) to facilitate the application and registration process.
As part of the application process, the following must be submitted:
• Online Application
• Birth Certificate
• Baptismal Certificate (If applicable)
• Immunization Records
Step#3: Interview with Family
Once the application is completed your family will be scheduled for an interview, if necessary. The purpose of the interview is to ensure the school can properly meet the educational needs of the student.
Step #4: Enrollment Decision
An admissions committee will review all applications in the order in which they are received. The committee, in their review, will ensure that there is alignment between the family and the school around the school mission, values, and expectations.
Step #5: Registration
Once accepted, families will have 10 days to register. The registration process includes three steps:
• Completion of a tuition payment plan on FACTS (Link will be emailed to families)
• Completion of the registration agreements on Sycamore (Using the same portal that was utilized for the application)
• Payment of the registration fee ($300)
Transfer students will follow the same processes as a new student with the only exception being that they must submit the following as part of their application packet:
• Discipline Record
Transfer students will be accepted on an ongoing basis as class sizes allow.