Our Lady of the Assumption Catholic School
As a ministry of Our Lady of the Assumption Parish, OLA Catholic School Community continues the evangelization of the Catholic Church by taking responsibility for:
- Forming saints,
- Educational excellence, and
- Demonstrating Christ-like behavior.
We are welcoming, diverse, and engaged Catholics collaborating as partners so that students excel in living out their faith and their learning to become future global leaders and saints. We emphasize a traditional curriculum that focuses not only on excellence in reading, writing, and math but also forming the mind, body, and soul through the beauty of science, technology, and the arts. As the OLA family, we have an environment that is safe, loving, supportive, and respected.
- Living Faith
- Accelerated Learning
- Achieving Excellence
Our Lady of the Assumption Catholic School is currently seeking an Art teacher to teach art to all students grades JK through 8th grade.
- Bachelor’s degree in art or related field
- Teacher certification or ability and willingness to seek alternative license
Candidate should be able to demonstrate:
- Passion for, and understanding, of the Visual Arts including but not limited to 1D, 2D, 3D, and print art.
- Ability to support elementary and middle school students in their spiritual and intellectual formation.
- Ability to publicly support and live out the values of the Gospel as taught by the Catholic Church.
- Ability to incorporate the Catholic Worldview into art instruction at the elementary and middle school level.
- Ability to apply principles, theories, methods, techniques, and strategies pertaining to classroom instruction of art.
- Understanding of curriculum design and mapping.
- Ability to use educational technology in the classroom.
- Knowledge of the standards-based instruction.
Please submit the following information to email@example.com:
- Cover Letter
- Names and Phone Numbers of Three References Including Most Recent Supervisor (Will not be called until candidate is a finalist)
- Official or Unofficial Copies of Transcripts
- Copy of Teacher Licenses (If applicable)
Preference will be given to applications that are received by noon on June 5th.